Airport Customs Officer - Part time
Cook Islands Customs Service
July 20, 2021, 1:36:44 AM
July 31, 2021, 2:00:00 AM
VIEW COMPLETE JOB DESCRIPTION
The Cook Islands Customs Service are seeking suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the following position:
Airport Customs Officer
This is a part-time, variable hour’s role based at Rarotonga Airport.
Working as part of a team to protect the Cook Islands and its people can be interesting and highly rewarding. It can be a busy and challenging environment and we need people who are dedicated, enjoy team work, and hold themselves to the highest standards of integrity.
Our workforce is diverse and we welcome applicants with a variety of skills, experience, and backgrounds. If you have excellent customer service skills, and enjoy working in an often fast paced environment where you welcome people and are also interested in focusing on law enforcement and identifying risk, you may be interested in becoming an Airport Customs Officer.
This roles require people with a high level of judgement and the flexibility to work a variety of shifts including weekends, nights and public holidays.
The ideal applicant will have the following attributes:
• You are a Cook Islander, permanent resident or hold a permit to work in the Cook Islands.
• You are confident that you would pass security and background checks as well as any medical requirements.
• You have the highest levels of integrity, honesty, trust and discretion.
• You have great communication skills and are comfortable talking with people from all nationalities and backgrounds.
• You are comfortable working shift work. Customs operates seven days a week, 24 hours a day and 365 days in a year - this means working shifts that include public holidays, nights and weekends.
• You are able to work in an environment where you will be standing for periods of time and have a level of fitness that allows you to lift heavy and possibly awkward baggage.
Expressions of interest, together with a full CV, are to be sent by Friday 30 July to Haylie Browne at email@example.com.
Note that you will have to complete 2 weeks of training prior to commencing work, and the successful applicant will also be required to pass a current Police check.
A job description is available from our website at www.mfem.gov.ck (see “MFEM vacancies” at the bottom of the page).