Head Of Ministry - Infrastructure Cook Islands
Infrastructure Cook Islands (ICI)
September 6, 2022, 8:38:51 PM
October 8, 2022, 2:00:00 AM
VIEW COMPLETE JOB DESCRIPTION
The Public Service Commissioner invites applications for the position of
HEAD OF MINISTRY (HoM)
Te Tango Angaanga ō te Kuki Airani
Ministry of Infrastructure Cook Islands
As the Head of the Ministry (HoM) of Infrastructure Cook Islands, you will be accountable and responsible for leading the delivery of Infrastructure like roads and bridges; ports and airports; buildings, water, sanitation, and solid and hazardous waste facilities, through strengthening regulations, policies and programmes, and implementing quality planning, project design and project management.
The HoM ensures compliance with the building and electrical codes and standards essential to support improved standard of living, and a resilient infrastructure to climate change.
The HoM is accountable for ensuring that the functions of the Ministry are developed, maintained and administered according to ICI and Government legislations.
As the Head of Ministry you will be accountable for ensuring a Public Service of Excellence through the effective and efficient delivery of the Ministry’s functions and Government’s policies through:
• Master of Business Administration and a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and/or Postgraduate qualification in Engineering Technology, Infrastructure Projects, Project Management and Asset Management.
• 10 years’ experience in managing, leading and directing a similarly complex organisation or major division in a medium to large sized organisation with work experience in an infrastructure related field
• You must have a strong understanding of Cook Islands Government Policies and Financial Management systems;
Proven leadership and management qualities in:
• Human resource management;
• Strategic planning;
• Ability to address maintain political neutrality and diplomatically manage controversial issues with multiple stakeholders.
The Employment Agreement term is for three (3) years. The job description can be collected from the Office of the Public Service Commissioner (OPSC) in Avarua or downloaded from the OPSC website www.psc.gov.ck
All applications must be addressed to the Public Service Commissioner and include your cover letter and CV. Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand delivered to the OPSC in Avarua.
Applications must be received by 4pm Friday 7th October 2022 Cook Islands Standard Time. Late applications will not be considered.