top of page
VACANCY POSTING INFORMATION
Director of Revenue Management
Revenue Management Division
Ministry of Finance and Economic Management
February 10, 2024 at 4:27:31 AM
March 2, 2024 at 2:00:00 AM
DIRECTOR – REVENUE MANAGEMENT DIVISION (RMD)
We offer an opportunity for a confident and energetic leader committed to making a meaningful impact in the public sector of the Cook Islands. If you thrive on a challenge, possess a can-do attitude, and have the ability to inspire and drive a large team towards achieving outstanding results, apply now.
As the Cook Islands emerges from the economic crisis caused by Covid-19, revenue management, border protection and trade are critical foundations of economic recovery.
• Develop and implement strategic policy related to the collection of revenues and border
protection in accordance with relevant legislation.
• Provide strong leadership and motivation to the RMD and Customs Teams.
• Ensure compliance with the tax regime and customer-centric, effective and efficient services
within a small island economy.
• Develop strong and resilient community relationships and collaborative relationships with other
government agencies, development partners, and key stakeholders on national development
• Master's degree in Commerce, Business Management or a related field.
• 14 years of senior executive management experience working in the taxation field leading and
managing a large team.
Demonstrate the following attributes:
• Comprehensive knowledge and expertise in tax policy and broad knowledge of tax accounting,
financial, and business principles.
• Experience in operational leadership and administration of Tax and Customs legislation.
• Strategic thinking and ability to make sound financial decisions in a challenging economic climate.
• Effective leadership skills and the ability to nurture and motivate a team.
• Cultural understanding in a Pacific Island community and ability to provide appropriate advice
in a diverse environment.
• Familiarity with international principles and standards related to taxation and customs.
• Proficiency in financial software and systems.
Click the Read More button for a copy of the job description.
If you meet these requirements, to apply for this position please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
If you have any queries or want to discuss this role please call 29511 Ext: 7120.
Applications must be received by 1 March 2024 at 4 pm.
bottom of page