Cook Islands Customs Service
Ministry of Finance & Economic Management (MFEM)
May 27, 2022
May 16, 2022, 8:27:43 PM
The Cook Islands Customs Service are seeking suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the following position:
• AIRPORT CUSTOMS OFFICER
We are looking for Individuals that thrive from a busy and challenging environment, protecting the Cook Islands and its people. People who are dedicated, enjoy team work, and hold themselves to the highest standards of integrity.
Our workforce is diverse, interesting and highly rewarding. We welcome applicants with a variety of skills, experience, and backgrounds. If you have excellent customer service skills, and enjoy working in an often fast paced environment and are also interested in focusing on law enforcement and identifying risk we would love to hear from you.
The ideal applicant will have the following attributes:
• This is a variable hours role and is only based at the Rarotonga Airport
• You have the highest levels of integrity, honesty, trust and discretion.
• You will need to be comfortable working shift work. Customs operates seven days a week, 24 hours a day and 365 days in a year - this means working shifts that include public holidays, nights and weekends.
• You are able to work in an environment where you will be standing for periods of time and have a level of fitness that allows you to lift heavy and possibly awkward baggage
• You have great communication skills (written and verbal) and are comfortable talking with people from all nationalities and backgrounds.
• You have a high level of computer literacy.
• You enjoy being part of a team