Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Immigration (MFAI) - Te Kauono Tutara e te Mana Tiaki
May 26, 2021
May 5, 2021, 12:40:25 AM
The Public Service Commissioner invites applications for the position of
Head of Ministry of Te Kauono Tutara e te Mana Tiaki- Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Immigration (MFAI)
Head of Ministry (HoM) Purpose:
The Head of Ministry is responsible for managing the overall operations of MFAI in alignment with the Cook Islands National Cultural Policy 2017-2030 and the Cook Islands National Cultural Strategy.
Oversees the implementation of Government policies to meet the employees and stakeholder needs, and compliance with the obligations under the Ministry of Finance and Economic Management Act 1995-96, and compliance with the obligations of her/his employment contract.
Communicates with people inside and outside of the Ministry to discover what policies and marketing strategies will help it move forward, and tendering advice to the responsible Minister and other Ministers of the Crown.
Makes important decisions that affect the Ministry’s direction and its employees.
HoM Job Duties:
• Provides the overall direction and management of MFAI
• Leads the development of MFAI’s values and objectives
• Develop and put in place business strategies, plans and policies to achieve goals
• Ensure MFAI’s policies and procedures are followed by staff
• Manage risks to MFAI and consult with management staff on issues
• Assess and manage business operations and financial performance
• Ensure MFAI complies with the MFEM Act 1995-’96, PERCA Act 1995-’96, OPSC Act 2009 (2016), and MFAI legislations.
• Reports regularly to stakeholders
• Maintain relationships with key Government, Private, NGO, National, Regional and International partners/stakeholders
• Represents MFAI at conferences and official occasions.
• Reflects the relevant MFAI standards and best practices in the development of Ministry-wide policies and procedures
• Adjusts organisational priorities quickly as situations change
• Reviews MFAI’s goals and initiatives to align with Cabinet priorities
• Synthesises complex information gathered from a variety of external sources and disseminates it to staff